Monday, August 25, 2008

He's thin!

I suppose it's just "racing fit", but, wow, is he skinny. He seems to have plenty of energy as he flits from one horse to the next, trying to make friends. He and Belle seem to have found a comfortable acceptance, other than during feeding times, of course.

He met Kali (Faith's riding teacher) and Les (Kali's fiance) today. He was very brave leaning over Shelby's back to let me touch his face.

When he walks or trots away, he has some wonkiness in his hocks. Les thinks it's due to his horrible feet. I don't disagree. It looks like they "bow" to the sides. Like they are elastic.

My friend, Rocky, sent me a good link for working with OTTBs. Lots of good advice. Kali told me she's worked with an OTTB before and so that gives me hope for the spring. He's such a nice guy.

No comments: